Lifesavers National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities –
To download Workshop Handouts from the 2015 Conference, CLICK HERE
LIFESAVERS HAS A MOBILE APP – DOWNLOAD IT NOW! Stay up-to-date on the latest workshop, speaker, exhibitor information and more. Click HERE for details.
The Lifesavers Conference is offered at a value that cannot be matched by any other highway safety conference!
What is Lifesavers?(back to top)
Celebrating 34 Years of Delivering Solutions to Today’s Critical Highway Safety Problems
Lifesavers is the premier national highway safety meeting in the United States dedicated to reducing the tragic toll of deaths and injuries on our nation’s roadways. Drawing over 1,900 participants in 2015, Lifesavers continues to be the essential conference since its start in 1982. Each year, Lifesavers provides a forum for the presentation of proven countermeasures and initiatives that address today’s critical highway safety problems.
Lifesavers is a non-profit organization with no single sponsor and relies on the involvement of diverse private and public groups who share the common goal of improving highway safety.
The Lifesavers Conference Planning Committee (LPC) is now accepting speaker proposals for the 2016 Conference which will be held April 3-5 in Long Beach, California. Proposals must be submitted via Lifesavers’ online system and will be accepted until September 15, 2015. All speaker proposals are carefully reviewed for their applicability to the Lifesavers Conference audience with a particular focus on “research to practice” and "vigorously evaluated programs." Researchers, academicians, students, and practitioners are also welcome to submit a poster in lieu of or in addition to a speaker proposal; however, the same review process applies. Questions? Call 703-922-7944 or email Lofgren@meetingsmgmt.com.
CLICK HERE to submit your speaker proposal. (Note: the first time you enter the submission system, you must register your name for the database – this needs to be done only once.)
If you believe your project has merit but its potential impact has yet to be evaluated, you may wish to submit an application to display a Poster, which is a popular event in the exhibit hall. The posters are graphic displays of a program or other activity. Visit the Posters page for more information.
Ten Great Reasons to Attend Lifesavers (back to top)
1. Geared for all. Whether you’re a state or local highway safety official, police officer or first responder, private or non-profit program provider, student or academician, Lifesavers’ comprehensive program is for you.
2. Affordable. Sponsorships, off-season scheduling, government-rate rooms, and an early-bird registration fee mean attendance won’t bust your budget.
3. Proven programs. The 80+ workshop agenda includes cutting-edge programs that are proven to work through research and/or evaluation.
4. Hot topics. From distracted motorists and pedestrians to new technologies, drugged driving, driverless vehicles, and more Lifesavers will focus on the topics impacting roadway safety today.
5. Knowledgeable, engaging speakers. Each workshop features leading experts and practitioners in traffic safety who are selected not only because they’re knowledgeable, but skilled in engaging and energizing an audience.
Great evidence-based practices presented. I look forward to applying this knowledge within my organization.
6. National leaders. The nation’s top safety professionals from NSC, GHSA, SKW, IIHS, MADD, AAA, NDAA, NHTSA, NTSB and other federal agencies, and the auto and insurance industries will be attending.
7. Inside information. What’s trending in highway safety and what will the next highway reauthorization bill look like? Get the scoop from knowledgeable insiders.
8. Tremendous networking. You’ll have numerous opportunities for formal and informal peer exchange, plus one-on-one discussion with more than 1,800 U.S. and international safety professionals.
Networking was a beneficial aspect of the conference – I was able to connect with a number of individuals and groups that will help me with my traffic safety goals.
“The exhibit hall vendors’ commitment to developing and showcasing great products was evident and appreciated.”
10. Friendly people. From the exhibitors and speakers to volunteers and attendees, everyone feels welcome, prompting participants to return year after year.
Lifesavers is grateful for the support of all our sponsors. We especially want to thank our state sponsor, the Illinois Department of Transportation for its support and for providing volunteers and conference materials.
Sponsorship (back to top)
Promote your organization’s expertise and become a 2016 Lifesavers Conference Sponsor.
Sponsor benefits include recognition on the Lifesavers website, in printed materials and signage, and special seating and recognition at the Public Service Awards Luncheon.
Lifesavers Partner – $5,000 to $9,999
Lifesavers Champion – $10,000 and up
Please contact the Lifesavers Conference, Inc. at 703-922-7944, or email Bill Windsor for more information on sponsoring.
Future Lifesavers Conferences (back to top)
Lifesavers Conference, Inc. • PO Box 30045 • Alexandria, VA 22310 • 703-922-7944 • 703-922-7780 (fax)